Friday, March 11, 2011

Soup Ladle Saves Husband From Tiger Attack

Share

Such is the weird tale of a Malaysian wife who saved her husband from the jaws of certain death by beating a tiger over the head with a soup ladle!

Tambun Dedin, aged 60, was hunting squirrels in the forest near his home in northern Malaysia when he came face to face with the deadly cat that immediately pounced on him.

“I was trailing a squirrel and crouched to shoot it with my blowpipe when I saw the tiger… I tried to escape by climbing up a tree, but the tiger caught up with me and dragged me down. I was terrified and I used all my strength to punch the animal in the face, but it would not budge…. I had to wrestle with it to keep its jaws away from me, and it would have clawed me to death if my wife had not arrived,” said Tambun.

But the tiger never had to deal with Han Besau, Tambun’s 55-year-old wife, who heard her husband’s screams and came running and yelling to the rescue, brandishing a wooden spoon she had been using to cook soup.

She bashed the tiger over the head, causing it to leave the scene and deal with more manageable and less angry prey. Tambun’s village is so remote that he had to wait more than 10 hours for help to arrive before he could be taken to the nearest hospital.

He is currently recovering from an operation on the many lacerations to his face and legs. The residents of his village, which is located some 160 miles north of Kuala Lumpur, are hailing his wife as a heroine.

It is estimated that there are about 200 tigers in the jungles north of Kuala Lumpur. Local wildlife officials have sent rangers to track down the big cat and chase it deeper into the jungle where it cannot pose a threat to people (and where it would be too far away to incur Han’s future wrath).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
FileServe
Upgrade to a FileSonic Premium account and download at incredible speed!
Make Money Blogging with BlogProfit.com
Tell a Friend

2009 Copyright Lets-Round-The-World.blogspot.com
All Right Reserved